David's Mighty Men
I used to believe that David had 300 mighty men that lived in caves with him and fought for the nation of Israel by David’s side instead of Saul’s. Well, II Sam. 23 shares some interesting insights to the Three, count them three mighty men. These guys were amazing. If read through the chapter a little you will discover that they take on insurmountable odds because it was the right thing to do. Such were the exploits of the mighty men. I think when you are young everyone wants to be a hero, as a child we wanted to be firemen, Policemen-Policewomen, Astronauts, Doctors and Nurses and all kind of jobs that saved peoples lives. I also wanted to be a hero but more on the lines of Superman, Batman, Spiderman, even Aquaman was really cool. When you are young you admire those that have dedicated their lives to help others, as you get older you tend to admire those who dedicate their lives to help themselves. The Rich and the famous are plastered on all the headlines, the TV and the internet, the malls are all designed to get us to focus on self. Physically we search for what our desires have led us to.
But spiritually, there still exist mighty men. People who will stand their ground no matter what the odds. They are people who accept a challenge that seems impossible. The mighty instill passion in others, they never give up, they push through whatever muck is put in their way. They fight till they are done. I have met many mighty warriors over the last 10 months. Men and women and children, from all walks of life, some that are young in their faith, but willing to be used however needed. Others are older; I have known them for years, I always light up when I see them, I know the battle is easier with them at my side and they instill in me the passion to be brave and fight well.
I would like to thank you people for your sharp sword, your swift feet, your willing hands, and most of all your hearts. You are awesome!
But spiritually, there still exist mighty men. People who will stand their ground no matter what the odds. They are people who accept a challenge that seems impossible. The mighty instill passion in others, they never give up, they push through whatever muck is put in their way. They fight till they are done. I have met many mighty warriors over the last 10 months. Men and women and children, from all walks of life, some that are young in their faith, but willing to be used however needed. Others are older; I have known them for years, I always light up when I see them, I know the battle is easier with them at my side and they instill in me the passion to be brave and fight well.
I would like to thank you people for your sharp sword, your swift feet, your willing hands, and most of all your hearts. You are awesome!


<< Home