5.26.2006

MAY BLOGFEST #5

I have often wondered, what it is, exactly that God created me for? My many experiences have molded me for a world full of life. He grew me up in wealth, then I learned Spanish as a child in Costa Rica, then came the absence of wealth and it was replaced by a great high school experience. I had great friends, a great church, great youth ministers, great family and lots of fishing, I had a sharp mind, I had lots of opportunity and I made the best of them. I went to Christian colleges, I got my degree, I became a youth minister and experienced what it meant to have a great wife, two wonderful boys and a ministry. I was trusted to do ministry. Now that is amazing. I sit back and wonder why God would allow me to represent Him. I’ll tell you why, because he loves me, and he designed my life to be perfectly fitted to His purpose. I can’t explain it; I just feel it deep inside. I know that His ways are greater than my ways, I feel different, better, whole, complete, purposeful and a part of a greater good. I feel more alive when I surrender to what I know he has designed me to do. I have been blessed by many wonderful friends and relationships that have pulled me closer to Him. People who have shown me a true reflection of Jesus. Friends that have encouraged me, Parents that have nurtured me, Family that have supported my decisions to pursue a life of teaching, training and serving. I am here to tell you that there is no better life than the one I have lived. If I died today I know that His Blood would Purify me and His Grace would cover me. You see, too many people live in fear; fear of failing, fear of rejection, fear of falling and not feeling like you could ever get up; living in a beaten state. I know what it feels like to be afraid, but I also know what it feels like to be picked up, stood up, dusted off and allowed to walk freely. I fall all the time, but I am picked up everytime by the one that loves me more than anyone evr could. Thank you Jesus, Your blood has never failed me yet.
Tim