A Wonderful Group
A Wonderful Group is a group of excited Christians that can’t wait to get dirty for Jesus. Building Houses for the poor, packing food in every spare moment, playing with kids that are pulling and tugging every direction, building a beautiful, durable, inventive and inspiring playground for 130 children that are recently rescued from the street. A street that has used and abused them, taking their precious lives and destroying the innocence that God intended for these gifts of God. God must have smiled a lot during that week. The cotton candy machine was manned by some lunatics that enjoyed the kid’s smiles so much that they stayed on that machine till every kid had as much as they wanted, after all we were leaving so what did we care if we were hopping up the kids on sugar, ha ha, the cotton candy was all over their arms, pink, sticky and more than uncomfortable but they kept making it. Great folks!
Worship was awesome and truly uplifting, thanks Chris, The Spirit was in all the hearts of the worshipers. A wonderful sight to see people connecting to God by lifting up their voices as though no one was listening; I was, and I was moved into His presence. I Can’t wait to get to heaven.
As I reflect back on the hospital visits, the children’s homes and all the unique
opportunities that God laid out for us to partake in, I am reminded of the wedding
banquet that everyone who was anyone made excuses for their absence. Not missing a
beat, the host said go into the streets and bring the people in, invite anyone who will
accept and that is what happens in Honduras everyday. The rich make excuses for their
lack of compassion and the poor, yet the poor are invited to the banquet table to partake
until they are full. When Jesus said to the Pharisees that the Prostitutes and the Tax
Collectors were entering Heaven ahead of them it must have been a Jaw dropping
moment in time. Maybe it is us who should examine ourselves and decide which group
we are in. Led by the Spirit or led by our selfish desires, desires that lead us down the
wrong road. Don’t wait till you can’t see Jesus anymore, he is in your storm and in mine
too. He will calm the waves if we will trust Him.
Thanks to the wonderful group from Ohio, You were great servants of God even the big guy that cried all the time, (WSB), I'll hold on to your towel until you return. I love your hearts and your willingness to let God flow through you all. May God bless you and keep you.
Running With You to WIN the PRIZE,
Tim
Worship was awesome and truly uplifting, thanks Chris, The Spirit was in all the hearts of the worshipers. A wonderful sight to see people connecting to God by lifting up their voices as though no one was listening; I was, and I was moved into His presence. I Can’t wait to get to heaven.
As I reflect back on the hospital visits, the children’s homes and all the unique
opportunities that God laid out for us to partake in, I am reminded of the wedding
banquet that everyone who was anyone made excuses for their absence. Not missing a
beat, the host said go into the streets and bring the people in, invite anyone who will
accept and that is what happens in Honduras everyday. The rich make excuses for their
lack of compassion and the poor, yet the poor are invited to the banquet table to partake
until they are full. When Jesus said to the Pharisees that the Prostitutes and the Tax
Collectors were entering Heaven ahead of them it must have been a Jaw dropping
moment in time. Maybe it is us who should examine ourselves and decide which group
we are in. Led by the Spirit or led by our selfish desires, desires that lead us down the
wrong road. Don’t wait till you can’t see Jesus anymore, he is in your storm and in mine
too. He will calm the waves if we will trust Him.
Thanks to the wonderful group from Ohio, You were great servants of God even the big guy that cried all the time, (WSB), I'll hold on to your towel until you return. I love your hearts and your willingness to let God flow through you all. May God bless you and keep you.
Running With You to WIN the PRIZE,
Tim


<< Home