Busy Times!!!
Hello friends,
Sorry I haven't kept you all updated lately but so many things have been going on that I just haven't had the time or energy to sit down and write. But now is a good time to fill you in. Tim left on Feb. 16th to go to Winterfest and worked the Torch Booth and had a productive board meeting. After Winterfest was over he drove to Atlanta and met with two churches to do a presentation on Torch for the upcoming summer trips. He then flew to Pennsylvania to speak at a youth rally for the weekend. I know he must be tired of airplanes because he has been on quite a few in the last two weeks. Monday he flew to Houston to have his annual checkup with his back doctor. His Xrays looked great he said, so thank God for that. Today he flew to San Diego to meet Janet and Doug and will meet with the video production manager for our new Mi Esperanza DVD. By the way, we have a new Mi Esperanza website you can view at www.thewomenofmyhope.org . Please take a look at it and let us know what you think? Lori, Janet, and Darren have been really working hard on it.
I have been busy teaching my beauty class. We started our first class Feb. 14th and we are in our 4th week right now. The 6 women in my class are so awesome. They range in age from 18-38. They are all self motivated and I never have to tell them to do anything. They do it before I ask. Wow! They are really excited about the class and I have some very creative women that want to learn. Praise God! They are a true blessing.
Please continue to pray for Tim's safe travel. He returns home on March 7th and then we start with more groups coming March 11th all the way through the summer.
We have started a praise and prayer hour at our house every Wednesday night at 7pm. The teachers at Los Pinares, where the boys attend school, have been attending and it has really been uplifting to us. Something about singing in English is something that I miss the most. We worship at Los Pinos and the entire service is in Spanish so I miss alot of the sermon. I am getting to the point where I can understand most of the lesson but sometimes, I must admit I am totally lost. But the Wed. night praise and prayer time really encourages me and my family. Joe and Nate really have promoted it and it has truly been a blessing.
God has really made me think this week. I was having a little pity party the other day. I was missing Tim and was late taking the boys to school. The boys were arguing in the car about something stupid. And, I was late for my class because of traffic. I am always telling my girls in my class that tardiness is unacceptable in the work field. So I was killing myself trying to get there in time. Just when I thought I was gonna get to class on time, a taxi would cut me off or stop right in the middle of the road in front of me to let people in or out. I was very frustrated to say the least. Words just can't express the feeling you have when you are in traffic here in Honduras. Just one of those days I wished I would have stayed in bed. haha Well, just as I was feeling sorry for myself, a little frail lady about 80 years old crossed the road in front of me wearing a torn dirty dress with about 85 pounds of firewood over her head. She looked at me and smiled and continued to cross the street. I was in awe. You could tell she was struggling and the fact that the wood was a neccesity for her because without it she could not cook her next meal. My heart just sunk into my chest and I thought to myself. I am sitting in my nice truck with air conditioning and listening to my christian music and still angry because things weren't going my way. What a joke! This was one of those times that God wacked me over the head with a brick and said wake up you dork! I was so preoccupied with me that I totally lost my focus on God. I quickly changed my attitude and walked into class with a smile. I am sure you have had frustrated days now and then but just remember that there is always someone less fortunate than you and your situation could be much worse. I didn't mean to ramble but wanted to say hello to you all and hope you are all doing well. I love you all and God bless.
gena
Sorry I haven't kept you all updated lately but so many things have been going on that I just haven't had the time or energy to sit down and write. But now is a good time to fill you in. Tim left on Feb. 16th to go to Winterfest and worked the Torch Booth and had a productive board meeting. After Winterfest was over he drove to Atlanta and met with two churches to do a presentation on Torch for the upcoming summer trips. He then flew to Pennsylvania to speak at a youth rally for the weekend. I know he must be tired of airplanes because he has been on quite a few in the last two weeks. Monday he flew to Houston to have his annual checkup with his back doctor. His Xrays looked great he said, so thank God for that. Today he flew to San Diego to meet Janet and Doug and will meet with the video production manager for our new Mi Esperanza DVD. By the way, we have a new Mi Esperanza website you can view at www.thewomenofmyhope.org . Please take a look at it and let us know what you think? Lori, Janet, and Darren have been really working hard on it.
I have been busy teaching my beauty class. We started our first class Feb. 14th and we are in our 4th week right now. The 6 women in my class are so awesome. They range in age from 18-38. They are all self motivated and I never have to tell them to do anything. They do it before I ask. Wow! They are really excited about the class and I have some very creative women that want to learn. Praise God! They are a true blessing.
Please continue to pray for Tim's safe travel. He returns home on March 7th and then we start with more groups coming March 11th all the way through the summer.
We have started a praise and prayer hour at our house every Wednesday night at 7pm. The teachers at Los Pinares, where the boys attend school, have been attending and it has really been uplifting to us. Something about singing in English is something that I miss the most. We worship at Los Pinos and the entire service is in Spanish so I miss alot of the sermon. I am getting to the point where I can understand most of the lesson but sometimes, I must admit I am totally lost. But the Wed. night praise and prayer time really encourages me and my family. Joe and Nate really have promoted it and it has truly been a blessing.
God has really made me think this week. I was having a little pity party the other day. I was missing Tim and was late taking the boys to school. The boys were arguing in the car about something stupid. And, I was late for my class because of traffic. I am always telling my girls in my class that tardiness is unacceptable in the work field. So I was killing myself trying to get there in time. Just when I thought I was gonna get to class on time, a taxi would cut me off or stop right in the middle of the road in front of me to let people in or out. I was very frustrated to say the least. Words just can't express the feeling you have when you are in traffic here in Honduras. Just one of those days I wished I would have stayed in bed. haha Well, just as I was feeling sorry for myself, a little frail lady about 80 years old crossed the road in front of me wearing a torn dirty dress with about 85 pounds of firewood over her head. She looked at me and smiled and continued to cross the street. I was in awe. You could tell she was struggling and the fact that the wood was a neccesity for her because without it she could not cook her next meal. My heart just sunk into my chest and I thought to myself. I am sitting in my nice truck with air conditioning and listening to my christian music and still angry because things weren't going my way. What a joke! This was one of those times that God wacked me over the head with a brick and said wake up you dork! I was so preoccupied with me that I totally lost my focus on God. I quickly changed my attitude and walked into class with a smile. I am sure you have had frustrated days now and then but just remember that there is always someone less fortunate than you and your situation could be much worse. I didn't mean to ramble but wanted to say hello to you all and hope you are all doing well. I love you all and God bless.
gena


<< Home