3.21.2005

Wondering about it all.

Do you ever wander of your purpose in life? What God's plan is for you? I look at my two sons and I realize how different they are. They were raised in the same house, with the same rules, the same love, the same opportunities, they were taught to see things through their fathers eyes, to react to things the same way I react to things and yet they are worlds apart. They are individually different, different talents, diferent interest, different taste, they like different foods, clothes, music and even girls. In their individuality they are "Newyique", ( I like this word it's Dylan's way of describing himself). No matter how hard I try they don't always get it the way I want them to, but as I study their behavior I realize that God's plan is greater than mine. I used to not understand the inner workings of God's Spirit, within the believers. Those who seach for God, those who seek to touch his cloak in the crowd of people full of faith and desire. WOW!

His plan is perfect, He uses us as he wills if we surrender our hearts to Him. I wonder after reading Exodus 4:11 if some people were made for a specific moment in time to fullfill God's purpose. Moments that have helped to shape our lives and passionsand understanding of these events. The raising of Lazarus, the faith of the centurian, the woman at the well, the lepers, the blind, the deaf, the widow and her mite, The woman that touched his claok, the kid with the two fish and the five loaves, the thief on the cross. They all had their specific moment in time, God used them to complete his purpose as we see it today in scripture, The living Word made alive by God. WOW!

I want to be a part of this plan, if my only purpose is to fulfill one moment for Jesus, I can be happy with that. May your Word be proclaimed by my actions, help me Lord to complete them in love, help me to plant the seeds and know that you are the one that waters and gives sun and harvest the crop for your glory.

God works differently through each of us. We only have to be willing to be used by Him. Some are great one on one, others are great in the delivery of His Word, others are great at application, others in serving, teaching, directing, encouraging, giving, praying, putting their Hearts to the task, others are Vissionaries, others are full of Passion. WOW!

God works in mysterious ways.
Tim