3.07.2005

Today

I talked to Tim this morning. He was trying to leave Houston early today to get home but the plane was full so it looks like he will come home tomorrow as planned. I was really looking forward to seeing him today but I guess I will have to wait one more day. He said his trip was very beneficial and he got alot of things accomplished.

Our family worshipped at San Miguel Church of Christ yesterday. It was really nice. I can't tell you how impressed we were to see how well behaved the children were. They sat through the entire service quietly and very still. I have never seen anything like it before. ha Even the tiny little ones were quiet. It was amazing. The ladies have really done a great job teaching the children there. We met the two Baxter students working with the congregation, Christian and Kelvin. Christian preached and Camilo, one of our former preachers at Los Pinos taught bible class. The church there is in great need of bathrooms, class rooms, and steps up to the church. Hopefully by the summer we will be able to help them with their needs. I know the group of 34 coming in a few weeks will be helping out with forming the steps. Nevertheless, the church is doing really well there and it was good to see chrsitan brothers and sisters again.

My class is in its 4th or 5th week now and they will be learning how to do massage therapy. I have a professional massage therapist coming in on Saturday for a 3 or 4 hour class. The girls are very excited about it as this is something new we have added to the program. The girls will get a certificate from the teacher and will enable them to make more money in the salon when they begin their jobs. Today the ladies were learning how to set hair with rollers. The mannequins are made of real hair but sometimes can be a bit more difficult to work with rather than real people. Some of them got very frustrated today but over all they did a great job rolling and styling. Valeska made a comment that she was so annoyed that she was gonna throw the head in the trash can. hahaa It was funny. Well, it is late here and Tim comes home tomorrow. We are all so excited. We have really missed him. Especially me!!!!

Love to all, Gena