9.05.2005

Hurricane Katrina

Dear friends,

This week, as you know, Hurricane Katrina destroyed millions of poeples' lives. So many people are in need right now it is hard to say where to start. I know the authorities are doing everything they can right now to start the recovery process. Tim has been asked to go and help with the disaster relief effort. He left today and will be arriving in Baton Rouge, La. He will be working closely with organizations like White's Ferry Road church of Christ, Red Cross, FEMA, and Homeland Security. Tim's family, (Doug and Janet), and their local church in Mandeville where they live will be using their church building as a shelter and medical clinic for people in need. Gayle Davidson, will arrive tomorrow, Tuesday Sept. 6th and will be there as long as necessary to help with patients needing medical treatment. Tim will be calling on Torch volunteers and anyone else that is willing to come and help with the relief effort. I will try to keep everyone updated on news and events as I get them. Please continue to pray for the victims from Hurricane Katrina. God bless,

Gena